GravatarURL is a class written in Xojo® that allows you to use the Gravatar.com API by generating the URL needed to retrieve a Gravatar member’s avatar given his/her email address.
GravatarURL can handle all functionalities provided by the Gravatar API for avatar:
- No email address embedded in the generated URL. Only a 128 bits hash
- The avatar’s size can be customized from 1 pixel up to 2048 pixels
- Use predefined default avatars or your own custom picture if the email address is unknown to Gravatar
- The display of the default avatar can be forced for testing purpose
- 4 rating levels available for returned avatar: G, PG, R, X
- A secured URL ( https ) can be generated if needed
- Optional file-type extension ‘.jpg’ on demand for compatibility purpose
- No needs of an API key for your application and no subscription required
GravatarURL works with any type of project in Xojo®:
GravatarURL is compatible with any release of Xojo® from r2013r1 and on any platform:
- MacOS X
- Raspberry Pi
The GravatarURL source code, its demo application and its documentation are distributed under the X11 License.
It’s always nice to know that your work helped someone. Feel free to use our contact form to let us know that you’re using GravatarURL in your application.
© 2012-2016, Eric de La Rochette.